Employment law training is important. Why?
It provides your managers with the knowledge they need to avoid making mistakes which will cost the business money.
It provides your employees with clear boundaries in terms of what is and is not acceptable. But, and this is really important, it can help to defend your business in the event of a claim. For example, if you are faced with a claim for discrimination or harassment arising out of the acts of your employees, your only defence is to show that you took reasonable steps to prevent that discrimination or harassment occurring. This “reasonable steps” defence includes having up to date policies but also providing annual training to staff on discrimination and harassment.
We provide this training to many of our clients to help keep their businesses safe from discrimination or harassment claims.
As well as training on Discrimination and Harassment, examples of other courses include:
- How to conduct an investigation, disciplinary hearing and appeal
- Basics of employment law for managers and supervisors
- Changing terms and conditions of employment
- Managing a TUPE transfer
- Managing flexible working requests
- Managing poor performance
- The life of an Employment Tribunal claim
Call us or send us an email to discuss your requirements and our charges – with absolutely no obligation.